A succinct summary of Ilchi Lee’s philosophy on the nature of humanity is this Declaration of Humanity ratified at the First Humanity Conference in June 2001 in Seoul, South Korea. This 12,000-person event included such dignitaries as former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, environmental activist Maurice Strong, and renowned journalist Seymour Topping.
DECLARATION OF HUMANITY
- I declare that I am a Spiritual Being, an essential and eternal part of the Soul of Humanity, one and indivisible.
- I declare that I am a Human Being whose rights and security ultimately depend on assuring the human rights of all people of Earth.
- I declare that I am a Child of the Earth, with the will and awareness to work for goals that benefit the entire community of life on Earth.
- I declare that I am a Healer, with the power and purpose to heal the many forms of divisions and conflicts that exist on Earth.
- I declare that I am a Protector, with the knowledge and the responsibility to help the Earth recover her natural harmony and beauty.